[HELICONIUS] Next genomics meeting

Chris Jiggins c.jiggins at zoo.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 10:19:02 BST 2012

Dear All

We are planning a meeting in Norwich, UK on 18-19th October.  This is going to be a 'Heliconius - Antirrhinum' meeting.  The goal is to compare notes with the Antirrhinum community regarding population genomics methods and approaches, as they are developing very similar datasets to us in terms of data for hybridising populations across hybrid zones.  This is part of a joint grant between Enrico Coen and Nick Barton.  However we also anticipate that it will also serve as the next chance for the Heliconius genomics community to get together.

Thanks to Annabel Whibley for organising this, and please direct specific queries to her - Annabel Whibley <whibley at mnhn.fr>.  As has been the case for past meetings, I can provide some financial support for travel to/from the US as part of the genome consortium. A rough idea of numbers would probably be useful at this stage, so please express interest to myself or Annabel.

Cheers
Chris

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Chris Jiggins
Reader in Evolution and Biological Diversity
Department of Zoology
University of Cambridge
Tel: (+44)(0)1223 769021
http://www.heliconius.org/