[HELICONIUS] Four clusters of 50 Heliconius pupae each, potentially laparus doris found, need help confirming ID

Ben Bolet bennybolet at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 05:09:22 BST 2010

Over the weekend I had the great fortune of finding a Passiflora granadilla
littered with what seemed to be Laparus doris eggs, and two females ovipositing
on one of the only immature leaves left. My id was based on how the pupae were
all clumped together in 4 groups of about 50 each.

I put up all the pics and details on my latest blogpost. I would greatly
appreciate it if anyone could confirm the ids of the eggs and pupaes, as well as
the three larvae I found on a plant a meter away. May have also been a
heliconius species.

There was also an amazing leaf-footed bug (diactor bilineatus) with beautiful
bright colors that accompanied us during our visit.

The link to my blog article is

http://benthebutterflyguy.blogspot.com/2010/07/heliconius-butterfly-eggs-on-passiflora.html

Thank you all and have a wonderful week.

 Strong like Music...
Ben Bolet

BentheButterflyGuy.blogspot.com