[Heliconius] Heliconius Rome meeting, possibly postponed

Jim Mallet j.mallet at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 28 18:47:45 GMT 2006

Dear All,

A majority of Americans with whom I have talked want to have the Butterfly
meeting in Rome postponed to July 2-7 2007 -- this is probably a good
idea.  Feel free to have your say (see forwarded email below).

There will also probably be a neotropical butterfly meeting 29 April - 4
May 2004, at STRI in Panama, organized by Annette Aiello.

Because few people have yet accepted the invitation to subscribe from a few
minutes ago, I am emailing this by the normal email route, with a copy to
the Heliconius list.  Subscribe soon!

Jim

>Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:52:50 +0100
>From: "biobutterfly2006 at bio.uniroma2.it" <biobutterfly2006 at bio.uniroma2.it>
>To: <suppressed>
>Subject: Conference date
>
>Dear Butterfly Person,
>
>since the initial communication of the first Call for Symposia for the "5th
>International Conference on the Biology of Butterflies", one month ago, we
>have
>received many pre-registrations as well as some proposals for Symposia.
>
>However, we have also received several instances to postpone the Conference to
>summer 2007.  Some colleagues informed us that several respected American and
>UK scientists would encounter serious trouble to attend the Conference in
>October 2006, because of teaching or other academic engagements.
>
>Therefore, keeping in mind that several other people welcomed our proposal
>period (October 2006)for the Conference, we took the decision to ask directly
>to you what your preference is.
>
>On the basis the answers that you  will let us have WITHIN NEXT WEEK, we will
>"democratically" fix the ultimate date.
>
>Please, let us know your choice:
>

>         23-28 October 2006                      2-7 July 2007
>

>We apologise in advance for any future decision that necessarily will
>encounter
>the disagreement of a part of you.
>
>Many thanks for your attention and patience.
>Best regards
>
>5th International Conference on the Biology of Butterflies
>The Secretariat

James Mallet
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/taxome/jim/