[TABD] 8th Systematics Association Biennial

Blanca Huertas B.Huertas at nhm.ac.uk
Sun May 29 14:14:28 BST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

8th Systematics Association Biennial, 4-8 July 2011, Queen's University Belfast

***** EARLY REGISTRATION EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE 2011*****

Early bird registration for the 8th Systematics Association Biennial, 4-8 July 2011 at Queen's University Belfast, has been extended to June 1st 2011.  All details can be found at http://www.systass.org/biennial 2011/ <https://webmail.nhm.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.systass.org/biennial%25202011/>

*	We have a very exciting scientific programme

       Scheduled symposia include:

- Next Generation Systematics - Studying Evolution and Diversity in an Era of Ubiquitous Genomics
      - Arthropod Systematics: are Morphology, Palaeontology and Molecules Coming Together?
      - Algal Systematics: Where Next?
      - Advances in Using Museum Specimens and Ancient DNA in Systematics Research.

*	The Biennial also presents excellent opportunities for contributed papers on any aspect of systematics.
*	It is a great forum for students and young researchers to present their work and compete for prizes.
*	We are also offering a number of student bursaries (see http://www.systass.org/ <https://webmail.nhm.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.systass.org/>  for details of how to apply for a student bursary).
*	You can attend on a daily basis if you wish.

*	Details of the biennial, how to register, submit your abstract (deadline 1st June 2011) and how to apply for a bursary can be found at http://www.systass.org/biennial2011/ <https://webmail.nhm.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.systass.org/biennial2011/>  and details are below.

On behalf of the conference organisers, we hope to see you there!

Juliet Brodie, President
James Cotton, Programme Officer
Peter Olson, Treasurer
Christine Maggs, Local Organiser

Sponsors: The Linnean Society of London, British Phycological Society, Cambridge University Press,
Genetics Society, Queen's University Belfast