[TABD] FW: Extended Deadline: 2010 Conservation Leadership Programme Awards

Blanca Huertas B.Huertas at nhm.ac.uk
Fri Nov 6 13:17:22 GMT 2009

For your information...

 <http://www.maildogmanager.com/pics/bpcp/102_285logo.jpg>
Call for Applications
2010 Conservation Leadership Programme Awards

Deadline 13th November 2009
We would like to announce that the deadline for this year's Conservation
Leadership Programme (CLP) awards has been extended to November 13th,
2009. All applicants must fill out the online application as we will not
accept emailed applications. The site can be found at:
http://awards.conservationleadershipprogramme.org
<http://www.maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=328&client=bpcp&campaign=10
2&email=b.huertas at nhm.ac.uk> . If you have any questions or concerns
about the awards or application process please email clp at birdlife.org.
Please see the below message for the original call for applications:

The Conservation Leadership Programme (CLP) is now accepting
applications for 2010 Conservation Awards. The CLP aims to promote the
development of emerging conservation leaders and equip them with the
capacity to address the most pressing conservation issues of our time.
We do this by providing small grants, training, mentoring and networking
opportunities, where award winners gain practical skills and experience
and develop leadership capabilities through the implementation of
projects focused on high-priority biodiversity conservation issues.

The CLP is a partnership of four international conservation
organizations - Birdlife International, Conservation International,
Fauna & Flora International and the Wildlife Conservation Society - with
support from multinational energy company BP. The CLP has been helping
young conservationists to achieve their goals and move into positions of
influence within the conservation sector - and 2010 marks the 25th
Anniversary of this highly successful program!

This year we are happy to announce that we will be accepting
applications from teams working across Africa, Asia, Eastern and
South-eastern Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific, Latin America and
the Caribbean. Countries that are NOT ELIGIBLE include those countries
designated as high-income economies
<http://www.maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=306&client=bpcp&campaign=10
2&email=b.huertas at nhm.ac.uk>  by the World Bank, with the exception of
island nations in the Pacific and Caribbean and some countries in the
Middle East. If you have any questions about eligible countries, please
contact the CLP.

Available awards include:

*	Future Conservationist Awards: Approximately 20 awards of up to
$12,500 each

*	Conservation Follow-up Awards: Approximately 5 awards of up to
$25,000 each (available only to previous CLP award winners)

*	Conservation Leadership Awards: 2 awards of $50,000 each
(available only to previous CLP award winners)

The application deadline is 13th November 2009 for ALL applications, and
awards will be announced in March 2010. Please visit the CLP website
<http://www.maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=307&client=bpcp&campaign=10
2&email=b.huertas at nhm.ac.uk> for detailed eligibility criteria,
guidelines and an application form. Please forward this announcement to
other interested individuals, organizations or academic institutions.

Successful applicants will: 1.) Develop the knowledge, skills and
abilities of team members; 2.) Implement a focused, high-priority
conservation project combining research and action; and 3.) Contribute
to the long-term success of local conservation efforts.

All teams submitting an application will receive feedback on their
proposal*. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact a member of the
CLP team well before the application deadline for advice on project
eligibility, methods and project activities. The CLP can also put teams
in touch with local partner offices or other experts who can provide
additional advice.

A representative from each award-winning team will be invited to attend
an international training event and the International Congress for
Conservation Biology in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in June/July 2010
organized by the CLP. These events will allow winners to share ideas and
experience, develop new skills and network with their peers and experts.

*If you are interested in participating in the application review
process, please send an email with your name, contact details, countries
and regions where you have worked and taxonomic expertise.

Have additional questions or need advice? Send an email to
clp at birdlife.org or visit our website:
www.ConservationLeadershipProgramme.org
<http://www.maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=210&client=bpcp&campaign=10
2&email=b.huertas at nhm.ac.uk> .

________________________________

Trouble viewing this email? Go to:
http://www.maildogmanager.com/page.html?p=0000015Fu8vj6ZAj0v0gWHiuEqC9g7
Ow==&email=b.huertas at nhm.ac.uk
<http://www.maildogmanager.com/page.html?p=0000015Fu8vj6ZAj0v0gWHiuEqC9g
7Ow==&email=b.huertas at nhm.ac.uk>
________________________________

You've subscribed to Conservation Leadership Programme
<http://conservationleadershipprogramme.org>  communications. For best
delivery, please add r.dalzen at conservation.org to your address book or
safe sender list.
Conservation International 2011 Crystal Drive Ste 500, Arlington,
Virginia 22202, USA
Review our Privacy Policy
<http://www.bp.com/legal/privacy_statement.asp>  and Acceptable Use
Policy <http://www.maildogmanager.com/acceptable_use_policy.html> .
Unsubscribe
<http://www.maildogmanager.com/unsub.html?client=bpcp&campaign=102&email
<http://www.maildogmanager.com/unsub.html?client=bpcp&campaign=102&email
=b.huertas at nhm.ac.uk>

 <http://www.maildogmanager.com/images/maildog.gif> Crafted and
delivered by Conservation Leadership Programme's Mail Dog
<http://www.maildogmanager.com/> !

<http://www.maildogmanager.com/link.html?client=bpcp&campaign=102&email=
b.huertas at nhm.ac.uk>