[neuroConstruct] screencast of neuroConstruct simulation play

Padraig Gleeson p.gleeson at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 14 16:24:50 GMT 2007

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with a good screen capture tool under
Linux to use to generate movies. There is one for windows at
www.fraps.com, which will generate a large avi from just the 3D panel as
you're playing a simulation back (the file can be recompressed later).
Unfortunately the free version puts the web link at the top of the
movie, but that could be trimmed with other editing software. If anyone
finds a good package for doing similar under Linux, let me know..

Ideally, the movie generating functionality should be built in to
neuroConstruct, and is likely to be possible with the Java Media
Framework, although replaying large data sets and capturing video might
be a strain on most systems. This is on the todo list for us and will
hopefully be in a new release in ~Feb.

Padraig