[HELICONIUS] Montpellier Heliconius meeting

Mathieu Joron mathieu.joron at cefe.cnrs.fr
Thu Feb 8 09:57:06 GMT 2018

Dear all

Some of you may have heard the rumour of the next Heliconius meeting
being held in Montpellier, in the South of France. Wouldn't that be
great? This email is to gage interest for holding a Heliconius meeting
as a satellite to the joint Evolution/ESEB congress in Montpellier
(19-23 August). At the same time is also held the Genetics of the
Lepidoptera international workshop in Kolympari, Crete (19-25 August). I
would like to propose to hold our meeting right after the Montpellier
and Crete congresses.

We could have a 2-day meeting sometime between 24 and 30 Aug, on campus
or in a countryside setting (depending on preferences and cost).
Competition for venues is raging, so I need a rough estimate of the
number of people interested, and preferred dates.

Please send me a message if you are interested, and please let us know
what dates you would prefer or when you could be in Montpellier. Please
provide any information or comment you would like us to consider, such
as your travelling constraints, or alternative dates (holding the
meeting right before the Evolution congress is less practical and more
competitive but perhaps not unfeasible).

And please pass on this email to anyone who might be interested but may
not be on the Heliconius list.

Best wishes

Mathieu

--
Centre d'Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive (UMR 5175)
CNRS, 1919 route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier 5, France