[HELICONIUS] Riccardo Papa writes back from U Puerto Rico after Maria

James Mallet jmallet at oeb.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 26 19:32:26 BST 2017

I worried about Riccardo Papa, a /Heliconius/ researcher at the
University of Puerto Rico, so I wrote to him. His reply is below:

Hi Jim,

Thank you for you very appreciated email. We are all safe but Puerto Rico is
pretty much destroyed. Likewise the university. My lab is gone and I have
lost the majority of my samples. No water, no electricity, no gasoline and
long lines to go to the grocery. It looks like a post war scenario. Now we
are dealing with the post hurricane problems. Well, I guess this is a new
experience.

Thank you again.

Riccardo