[HELICONIUS] Heliconius Meeting

Chris Jiggins c.jiggins at zoo.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 14:38:18 GMT 2015

Hi all,

We have now fixed the dates for the Heliconius meeting in Panama for the 25/26 July. The plan is to arrive on the 24th and leave on 27th. Of course you are welcome to stay longer, but we cannot provide accommodation so that would then be up to you to organise this with STRI or otherwise. Sorry but there is very little flexibility in dates due to availability of the Schoolhouse where we are going to hold the talks and provide meals, so these are now non-negotiable dates.

The accommodation options are:

1) Dorm style bunks in the Gamboa schoolhouse - cheap shared accommodation
2) Shared apartments on the Ridge - likely to be limited availability but a bit more privacy
3) High end accommodation at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort http://www.gamboaresort.com/default-en.html

Please let Owen know which you would prefer, and whether you are likely to attend the meeting. It also might be helpful if you could also indicate whether you would like to present a talk or poster.

Please note that accommodation gets very full in Gamboa over the summer, so we strongly advise that you organise soon if you would like to spend longer in Gamboa around the meeting.

All the best

Chris

Professor of Evolutionary Biology
Department of Zoology
University of Cambridge
Tel: (+44)(0)1223 769021
Mob: (+44)(0) 7549-524-481
http://www.heliconius.org/
http://heliconius.zoo.cam.ac.uk/
@mel_rosina

Fellow of St John's College,
Director of Studies in Biological Sciences
Cambridge, UK. CB2 1TP