[HELICONIUS] Panama Heliconius meeting

Chris Jiggins c.jiggins at zoo.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 20:11:17 GMT 2015

Dear all

Owen and I would like to propose a Heliconius meeting in Panama later this year. The tentative dates are first week of August - week beginning 3rd August 2015. We can book out the Gamboa Schoolhouse in August which will give us a venue in Gamboa, so we don’t have to deal with traffic going into the City (some of you may remember that last time we took a bus into Tupper).

There is ‘dorm room’ accommodation in the schoolhouse, or high end accommodation in the Gamboa Rainforest Resort, and there may also be some STRI apartments available at that time in Gamboa. We would also try and organise a couple of field trips to see some butterflies around Gamboa and perhaps further afield.

For the moment, it would be helpful if we could just get a consensus on the dates - we are fairly limited in flexibility as the following week (10-14 August) is ESEB in europe, and beforehand I will not be in Gamboa for most of July, but please let me know if you can think of a good reason why these dates are a terrible idea.

I am not sure how many people get this email - so please forward to anyone not on the heliconius mailing list and perhaps get them to sign up.

Hope to see many of you in Panama later this year!

Cheers
Chris

Professor of Evolutionary Biology
Department of Zoology
University of Cambridge
Tel: (+44)(0)1223 769021
Mob: (+44)(0) 7549-524-481
http://www.heliconius.org/
http://heliconius.zoo.cam.ac.uk/

Fellow of St John's College,
Director of Studies in Biological Sciences
Cambridge, UK. CB2 1TP