[HELICONIUS] Organization of the FIRST International Heliconius Congress, by Bob Srygley, in 2000

James Mallet jmallet at oeb.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 11 19:11:09 BST 2013

*A piece of Heliconius Biology History:*

Robert Srygley had organized this, the First International Heliconius
Congress, as a symposium under the auspices of the Association of
Tropical Biology. The ATB meetings in 2000 were held together with the
SSB/SSE/ASN Meetings at Bloomington, Indiana.  It was here that we first
formed the embryonic "Heliconius Consortium." The Heliconius group was
growing, and we were trying to map the genome for the first time (using
allozymes and microsats)...

Best wishes, Jim Mallet