[HELICONIUS] Muller's original 1879 paper

James Mallet j.mallet at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Dec 6 21:38:41 GMT 2010

Dear All,

I was asked recently to put a copy of the
original Müller 1879 mimicry paper (English
translation) online. I've now done so. The reference is:

F. Müller. 1879. Ituna and Thyridia; a remarkable
case of mimicry in butterflies. Transactions of
the Entomological Society of London, 1879,
xx-xxix (transl. by Ralph Meldola from the
original German article in Kosmos, May 1879, p.
100).  It's available at: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/taxome/lit/muller_1879.pdf

The reprint that was scanned was an old
photocopy, so the quality is low, and the
character recognition software could not handle
it.  However, I think it's serviceable and
readable by humans. If anyone has a scan of a
better copy, it'd be great to have it.

Best wishes, Jim