[HELICONIUS] Possible funding for networking and online data sharing?

James Mallet j.mallet at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 23 15:38:57 BST 2009

I just received this from the people at
University College London. Maybe of interest to our genomics community?
jim
_______________________________
Dear All,

Apologies if you've already seen this, but BBSRC have announced a call
around "Tools and Resources Development".  This particularly
encourages: "applications that facilitate research data sharing, as this
area is currently under-represented" and "applications that will enable
increased usage of high performance computing in the
biosciences".

It's only for small feasibility studies 6-18 month, 120K size. Total
funding is about £2.5M though, so they'll be funding a reasonable
number of these. Closing date is 9th December. More details at:

http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/funding/opportunities/2009/tools_and_resources_development_fund.html

Please pass this on to colleagues who may be interested in this.

Jeremy

--
Dr Jeremy Yates
UCL Deputy Research Computing Manager