[HELICONIUS] HGC Meeting Summary Draft posted

Jamie Walters jrw47 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 22 22:19:45 GMT 2009

Hello all (with apologies to those are on the list serve but were not at the
meeting.),

I've just posted a draft of the HGC meeting summary that Sean and I pulled
together.  It is available here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dfqrc76d_26c3cs9bgn
<http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dfqrc76d_26c3cs9bgn&hl=en> &hl=en

It is the same google docs site that Durrell set up during the meeting for
us all to dump our raw notes.  Those notes are all still in the file below
the summary.  There are several places in the summary where I know more
details exist beyond what I could recall or extract from the notes; I have
left specific comments asking for confirmation for more details regarding
what we wrote there.

More generally, I think that everyone who was at the meeting should add in
details and edit as they see fit, with the ultimate goal of having a
document that we might post on Heliconius.org. Please try to do this in the
next 10 days or so, at which point we'll see where things are at and make a
decision as to what to do next with the text in terms of making it more
widely available.

For the record, this document was intended primarily as an archive of what
was discussed at the meeting rather than as some sort of MOU or agreement --
it is basically retrospective, not prospective.  However, I think it will
make a very useful resource for drafting a more formal MOU if we choose to
do that... perhaps building from the 'tasks & working groups' section.  I'm
not sure who or how best to proceed with generating an MOU -- Sean and I
will next try to coordinate some sort of regular 'newsletter' or something
similar where the working groups can report back on progress.  We're still
working out how best to pursue this idea...

Thanks,  Jamie

PS:  those of you with photos of the whiteboard, I think it would very
helpful if you could post those on the google-wiki:
http://sites.google.com/site/heliconiusgenomeconsortium/Home