[TABD] More bad news for the Lepidoptera community

Blanca Huertas B.Huertas at nhm.ac.uk
Thu Aug 6 10:57:17 BST 2015

FYI

________________________________
From: Rob Vos, de [rob.devos en naturalis.nl]
Sent: 06 August 2015 09:55
Subject: Henk van Mastrigt died

Dear colleagues,

Sadly I have to tell you that Brother Henk van Mastrigt died on 5th August 2015 17.30 PM local time. He suffered from four types of cancer and a double pneumonia. It seems that the last finally was too much for him. Tomorrow he will be burried in Jayapura.
He was 72 years old.

His plans to come and settle again in The Netherlands next year he couldn't fullfill. His collection will stay in Papua in the Cenderawasih University in Waena where it hopefully will be good taken care of by the students and teachers of UNCEN. Evie Warikar (warikarevie en gmail.com<mailto:warikarevie en gmail.com>) will supervise over his collection and all the communications concerning his collection go through her.

yours sincerely,

Rob

[http://logo.naturalis.nl/logo.png]

Rob de Vos

collection manager Lepidoptera (Heterocera, moths)

T 071-7519304, M 06-40224533

Darwinweg 2 - 2333 CR Leiden, The Netherlands
E Rob.deVos en naturalis.nl<mailto:Rob.deVos en naturalis.nl> I , www.naturalis.nl<http://www.naturalis.nl/>

 Have a look at www.papua-insects.nl<http://www.papua-insects.nl/> or facebook https://www.facebook.com/papua.insects.foundation?ref=profile to see what the Papua Insects Foundation achieves with local Papua biology students and more than 50 international entomologists. Our aim is to make an inventory and to map the insects of Indonesian New Guinea, to make Papua people aware of their own beauty of nature and to provide a tool for nature conservation.