[TABD] Phylogeny of the genus Morpho

blandin at mnhn.fr blandin at mnhn.fr
Tue May 25 21:35:19 BST 2010

Hola amigos ! Dear all !

I have the pleasure to inform you that a paper by Catherine Cassildé
et al., "Phylogeny of the genus Morpho Fabricius, 1807, revisited",
will appear next month in the Bulletin de la Société entomologique de
France. Based on a very large sample of Morpho, including all species
(according to Blandin, 2007) and various ssp, and based on
morphological characters, many in common with Penz & DeVries
fundamental paper, but also new ones, including microstructural scales
characters, our study confirms, from a morphological point of view,
the validity of all subgenera, but one, which appears as divided in 2
different clades.

Within a few weeks, we shall have a pdf available. I shall be happy to
send it to all of you who are interested in the fascinating genus
Morpho!

Best wishes
Patrick