[TABD] Bugwork

Blanca Huertas B.Huertas at nhm.ac.uk
Fri May 29 23:02:13 BST 2009

Amigos de la Red,

Para quien pueda estar interesado en una oportunidad laboral aca en el reino unido....

Un saludo muy grato para todos

Conservation Project Manager

Salary:                        £23-28,000

Location:                    Peterborough

Position Type:           Paid/Permanent

Part/Full Time:           Full Time

Closing Date:            15 June 09

Website:                     www.buglife.org.uk

Help save the 'small things that run the world'.  Buglife - The Invertebrate Conservation Trust is a rapidly growing charity that aims to stop invertebrate extinctions and to raise awareness of these incredible animals.

The Conservation Project Manager is a key post, responsible for developing and managing broad scale conservation and awareness raising projects across a range of habitats from heathland to brown-roofs, and from Peterborough to the Antarctic.  This is a great opportunity to make a difference for highly threatened wildlife.

Departing post-holder Jamie Roberts says "I have enjoyed this role immensely, particularly the challenge of taking large conservation projects from concept to delivery".

You must have a high level of ability, and proven track record, in staff management, prioritisation, project administration and creativity.  Such knowledge would normally be acquired only after at least three years management experience.  Good conservation sector and ecological knowledge in the areas of policy, legislation, and land management is necessary, as is being able to communicate clearly and persuasively, and build partnerships.  Experience of budgetary management, Health and Safety procedures, fundraising and research, survey and monitoring would be an advantage.  A commitment to protecting the environment and a desire to make a positive difference are essential.  The post holder must be able to work on his/her own initiative.

Please write to Matt Shardlow, Buglife, First Floor, 90 Bridge Street, Peterborough, PE1 1DY or info en buglife.org.uk, enclosing a CV and a letter that explains why you are the person who will take forward our conservation projects work.  Deadline - 15 June 09.

Interviews will be held in Peterborough on 26 June 09. For a full job description and more information about Buglife see www.buglife.org.uk

------------------------------------

Blanca Huertas FLS DIC MSc

Curator (Lepidoptera)

Entomology Department

The Natural History Museum

Cromwell Road

SW7 5BD, London, UK.

Tel.  +44 (0) 20 7942 6215

Museum Website www.nhm.ac.uk

TABDProject www.andeanbutterflies.org <http://www.andeanbutterflies.org/>

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ****

The Department of Entomology is moving the entire Lepidoptera collection from Wandsworth to the new Darwin Centre building in South Kensington.

>From the 1st May 2009 the Lepidoptera collection will be closed to visitors, and requests for loans and imaging will be deferred until after the move.  Please be aware that there will be a considerable backlog of requests to deal with by then.

There will also be delays in responding to e-mail, telephone, postal and other enquiries during the period of the move, for which we apologise. The move is expected to be completed by the end of November so normal business should resume in December 2009.

***IMPORTANTE INFORMACION****

El departamento de Entomología se encuentra en el proceso de mover sus colecciones científicas del edificio temporal en Wandsworth a sus nuevas instalaciones en South Kensington.

Desde el 1ro de Mayo de 2009 la colección de Lepidoptera estará cerrada a todos los  visitantes y aquellas solicitudes de imágenes y préstamos deberán aplazarse hasta después de la mudanza al nuevo edificio. Por favor tenga en cuenta que posterior a esta, habra una considerable cantidad de solicitudes esperando.

De antemano pedimos disculpas pues tambien habrán demoras en responder sus mensajes de correo electrónico, correspondencia, llamadas y otras solicitudes durante el periodo de la mudanza.  Esperamos concluir con la mudanza de las colecciones al final de Noviembre y volver a la normalidad en Diciembre de 2009.