[TABD] OPORTUNIDADES DE TRABAJO EN CIENCIA EN LONDRES

Blanca Huertas B.Huertas at nhm.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 18:55:44 BST 2006

Estimados Colegas y amigos:

Cordial saludo. El museo Britanico de Historia Natural, esta brindado la oportunidad de vincular investigadores en varias areas de la biologia, entre ellas entomologia, zoologia, botanica y palenontologia.

Espero algunos de ustedes puedan aplicar a esta convocatoria o en su defecto, por favor hagan circular esta noticia a sus demas colegas del pais o del mundo. Detalles en el link o directamente en el texto abajo, gracias. http://www.newscientistjobs.com/eview.action?job.id=eur6233

Un abrazo y exitos,

Dear Colleagues and friends,

Please follow the link (or information above) to apply for a job opportunity for researchers in Biology (entomology, zoology, botany and paleontology), currently offered by The Natural History Museum in London. Please forward this information to other colleagues of your country or worldwide, good luck and thanks.

http://www.newscientistjobs.com/eview.action?job.id=eur6233

Kind regards,

Blanca Huertas

Database & Training Co-ordinator
Curator Lepidoptera Collection

Natural History Museum
75 Kimber Road
SW18 4NX, London, UK

Tel: +44 020 7942 6215
E mail: blanca.huertas at ucl.ac.uk

Natural History Museum

Natural History Museum
Research Leaders

Research Leaders

£26,652 - £55,000 per annum
(or more for exceptional candidates)

The Natural History Museum (NHM) wishes to appoint a number of Research Leaders to grasp a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future scientific research effort of this world-class institution. The NHM explores the diversity of the natural world and the processes that generate that diversity. Systematics and other collections-based investigations are at the heart of our research.

We seek Research Leaders who can contribute to advances in our core science areas, collections development and pursuit of emerging areas, particularly our priority Research Foci (http://www.nhm.ac.uk/research-curation/science-directorate/science-policies-strategy/assets/researchframework.pdf) which stress interdisciplinary research.

We are particularly interested in receiving applications from researchers in the following areas

# Systematic Biology
# Biodiversity, including
- Response to Global Environmental Change
- Population Genetics
# Eukaryotic Microbial Biodiversity
# Molecular Phylogeny, Co-phylogeny and Co-evolution
# Evolution and Development

Appointments will be made to any of the four Life Sciences departments (Botany, Entomology, Palaeontology, Zoology) as appropriate. We are willing to appoint at any band on our research scale, subject to negotiation and forward planning of research income. We are happy to consider appointing a team of scientists working on a common theme. You will need to demonstrate a record of scientific publications in international journals, achievement in gaining external research funding, and scientific leadership

Further details are available on request (fca at nhm.ac.uk) You are strongly recommended to make informal contact before application to one of the following Heads of Department:

Botany: Dr Johannes Vogel. Tel. +44 (0)20 7942 5282,
Email j.vogel at nhm.ac.uk

Entomology: Dr Martin Hall. Tel. +44 (0)20 7942 5715,
Email m.hall at nhm.ac.uk

Palaeontology: Prof. Norman MacLeod, Tel. +44 (0)20 7942 5204,
Email n.macleod at nhm.ac.uk

Zoology: Prof. Phil Rainbow. Tel. +44 (0)20 7942 5275,
Email p.rainbow at nhm.ac.uk

To apply, please send your CV, together with a covering letter, and the names and addresses of three referees to Frances Allen, Science Directorate,

The Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road,
London SW7 5BD;
Email fca at nhm.ac.uk

Please indicate if you would prefer any of your referees not to be contacted prior to interview

Please quote reference: NHM/RL/FA

Closing date: 20th June 2006

At the Natural History Museum we value the diversity of our employees and the unique perspectives they bring to our business.