[TABD] Heliconius cydno distribution and names

Hector Alejandro Merchan merchan at hpcf.upr.edu
Wed Aug 16 22:11:00 BST 2006

Hi all

As part of my PhD dissertation, I plan to update the knowledge we have
about distribution, names and polymorphisms in Heliconius cydno. I plan to
visit collections in Colombia, and outside (if possible). My aim is to
study the diversification of the specie and try to determine which model
of variation is more likely, according to molecular markers associated to
color pattern genes.

I will appreciate information about private collections, which have H.
cydno specimens and the possibility to visit them.

Thanks for your help and I am very glad we have this discussion list.

Saludos

H. Alejandro Merchan
Ph.D. Student
University of Puerto Rico