[neuroConstruct] Export settings for distributed simulations

Padraig Gleeson ucgbpgl at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 19:04:55 BST 2011

Hi Richard,

You can enable the parallel features of neuroConstruct by adding a file
named parallel to the install directory of the application (normally
/home/username/neuroConstruct (Linux/
Mac) or c:\neuroConstruct (Windows)). This will give the option of
picking a Parallel Configuration in the Simulation Configuration GUI.
This should be set to "Local
machine, serial mode" to run in serial NEURON. That sim config was
probably just saved with a parallel configuration last time I saved the
project.

The Parallel NEURON support in neuroConstruct is still under active
development & testing and there's limited documentation for it at the
moment. It's possible to make very large complex and difficult to
debug/analyse networks with it, so it's not promoted as one of the core
features of the application just yet. Anyone who's interested in trying
it out please get in touch.

Regards,
Padraig