[neuroConstruct] Re: Vista - display issue

P Gleeson ucgbpgl at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 09:28:23 BST 2010

  Hi Marianne,

(replying also on neuroconstruct at ucl.ac.uk
<mailto:neuroconstruct at ucl.ac.uk>, hope you don't mind)

I've only tried neuroConstruct a few times on Vista (moved swiftly on to
Win7...) and didn't have this problem, and haven't heard of it from
anyone else. Have you tried nC successfully on any other version of
Windows? What's your hardware/graphics card? It is probably a problem
between the Java3D library (the latest version is bundled with nC) and
your graphics card. It would be difficult to reproduce the problem here
unfortunately.

Have a look here: http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5237435.
You could try upgrading to the latest version of Java, and also try
adding the flag -Dj3d.rend=d3d in nC.bat (near the end, just after java
-Xmx%NC_MAX_MEMORY%), and running that from the command line.

Regards,
Padraig